Women in Forensic Computing
Workshop and Digital Forensics Bootcamp Series
held in the context of the Digital Forensic Research Conference Europe (DFRWS EU)
Digital forensic science is the application of scientific methods of computing in order to recover and investigate evidence found in digital devices, often in relation to computer crime. Digital evidence is increasingly important in almost all types of juridical proceedings, mainly due to the increasing volume and quality of digital evidence.
The objective of this workshop and bootcamp series is to increase the interest of students and academically young researchers in digital forensic science as a career field or a research field. Another aim of this workshop is to increase awareness and appreciation of the achievements of women in the area of forensic computing/digital forensics and therefore this workshop wishes to be a forum to help women build their technical confidence and thereby attract more female researchers to the field.
- The next event is planned in the context of DFRWS EU 2024. See the website of Women in Forensic Computing 2024 …
- Women: The future of forensic computing? Workshop at DFRWS EU 2019, April 24, 2019, National Criminal Investigation Service (KRIPOS), Oslo, Norway, organized by Katrin Franke and Felix Freiling
- Women in Forensic Computing Digital Forensics Bootcamp, organized by Hyunji Chung and Felix Freiling, originally announced to be held in the context of the Digital Forensic Research Conference Europe (DFRWS EU) on March 24, 2020 in Oxford, UK, but postponed due to Covid-19.
- Women in Forensic Computing Digital Forensics Bootcamp and Workshop, held virtually on Monday, March 29, 2021 in the context of the Digital Forensics Research Conference Europe 2021.
- Women in Forensic Computing Workshop 2022, held as hybrid event at the University of Oxford on March 28, 2022 in the context of the Digital Forensics Research Conference Europe 2022.
- Women in Forensic Computing Workshop 2023, held at the University of Bonn on March 20, 2023 before the DFRWS EU 2023 conference.
- Women in Forensic Computing Workshop 2024, to be held at the DFRWS EU 2024 conference.
- There is a (closed) LinkedIn group „Women in Digital Forensics and Incident Response“ that you may request to join.
- See interview with Mariya Shafat with ForensicFocus during WinFC 2023 in Bonn.
- Visit the WinFC webshop to get cool merch!
This workshop series is supported by the office of Gender and Diversity of Friedrich-Alexander-Universität (FAU) and by Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft (DFG, German Research Foundation) as part of the Research and Training Group 2475 „Cybercrime and Forensic Computing“ (grant number 393541319/GRK2475/1-2019).
Contact the organizers via email at <email@example.com>